Lusail Stadium performed host to a few matches in Qatar, the place the ultimate’s 88,966 attendance determine grew to become the best since USA 1994 when Brazil performed Italy in entrance of 94,194.
The 2022 version was held collectively by the work of 180,000 accredited folks; 20,000 of which being volunteers and 10,000 from the media, with audio-descriptive commentary accessible in English and Arabic for blind and partially sighted followers, together with sensory rooms accessible in three of the eight stadiums.
FIFA hailed final month’s World Cup a ‘formidable’ one – listed below are another notable achievements to return from it:
- Stephanie Frappart grew to become the primary girl in World Cup historical past to referee a finals match. Along with assistants Neuza Again and Karen Diaz, she composed the first-ever feminine trio to officiate within the event
- The eight group stage winners included groups from 4 completely different confederations for under the third time, and the primary in 20 years (1986, 2002, 2022)
- Three groups from the AFC reached the spherical of 16 for the primary time in World Cup historical past
- Qatar 2022 was the primary time an African workforce made it to the semi-final, with Morocco’s unimaginable marketing campaign uniting the Center East and Arab world
- 1.85 million guests attended the FIFA Fan Pageant in Doha which had its very personal anthem for the primary time – “Tukoh Taka” was one of many 9 songs of the first-ever World Cup Official Soundtrack, which generated 450 million views on YouTube
- In a record-breaking first, FIFA+ live-streamed your complete event in Brazil, partnering with the likes of YouTube streamer Casimiro and Brazilian legend Ronaldo to ship an progressive and fascinating product to a brand new era of followers
- All world and regional sponsorship packages have been offered out, with the 32 industrial associates activating greater than 600 particular advertising and marketing programmes